Saturday, March 1, 2008

What A Rough Day

So, Miss Ava is not "behaving" today. She has had many brady episodes today (this is when her heart rate takes a significant drop). Her arterial line has shown that her heart is missing some beats when this happens. I have never seen her do this prior to today and we haven't really had an explanation for these episodes. It gets so hard not to know exactly what is going on, but I have to remind myself that the doctors do not know everything themselves. Hopefully she just needs to rest. It seems like since they restarted her pain meds she is more calm and happy (knock on wood). Her heart rate definitely shows it, it has come down quite a bit...from 150 to 125. Hmmmm, didn't I mention that earlier.

My two boys left today...and I as I expected, I cried and to this point continue to get teary eyed. I hate not having them here, but I know it will get easier. It did when Kaden was in the NICU. I just never thought I would have to do this again. I hate to complain, because I am really grateful for how things have been...it just gets really hard. I pray that the four of us can go home soon and be healthy, happy, and free from the hospital for awhile.

No comments: