Wednesday, May 28, 2008

"The Dance"
By Garth Brooks



Looking back on the memory of


The dance we shared beneath the stars above
For a moment all the world was right

How could I have known you'd ever say goodbye
And now I'm glad I didn't know
The way it all would end the way it all would go

Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain
But I'd of had to miss the dance

Holding you I held everything
For a moment wasn't I the king

But if I'd only known how the king would fall
Hey who's to say you know I might have changed it all
And now I'm glad I didn't know
The way it all would end the way it all would go

Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain
But I'd of had to miss the dance
Yes my life is better left to chance I could have missed the pain but I'd of had to miss the dance




"With Hope"
Steven Curtis Chapman



This is not at all how
We thought it was supposed to be
We had so many plans for you
We had so many dreams
And now you've gone away
And left us with the memories of your smile
And nothing we can say
And nothing we can do
Can take away the pain
The pain of losing you, but ...
We can cry with hope

We can say goodbye with hope
'Cause we know our goodbye is not the end, oh no
And we can grieve with hope
'Cause we believe with hope
(There's a place by God's grace)
There's a place where we'll see your face again
We'll see your face again
And never have I known
Anything so hard to understand

And never have I questioned more
The wisdom of God's plan
But through the cloud of tears
I see the Father's smile and say well done
And I imagine you

Where you wanted most to be
Seeing all your dreams come true
'Cause now you're home
And now you're free, and ...
We have this hope as an anchor
'Cause we believe that everything
God promised us is true, so ...
We wait with hope
And we ache with hope
We hold on with hope
We let go with hope






These are the two songs we played at Ava's funeral. We picked these two songs because it felt like we could have written them ourselves...they spoke right from our heart. I often go to bed singing "The Dance" to Ava. Another song that makes me think of her is "One More Day" by Lonestar. I just felt like sharing these lyrics with you all and pictures of my beautiful angel's life here on earth.

Baby girl, you are continuously in my thoughts. There is not a day that goes by that I don't wish I could see your face again, hold you again, kiss you again. I love you more then words could ever say. You and your brother are my pride and joy. I wish that I could have had more time with you...oh how I wish. You have taught us along with so many others so much about life. Thank you. Love you forever...mommy

15 comments:

Rachel Dominguez said...

Thank you for the pictures. Ava is so dearly missed. I pray for you and your family every day and hope your ok. Ava is the most precious angel! We all love her! You are the greatest Mommy! Even though I dont personally know you...I AM here if you ever need an extra shoulder.

In My Prayers Always

Rachel
http://lovefor9.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

So I'm sitting here at work reading this and it made the tears start rolling! Absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Ever since Ava's funeral i've listenend to "The Dance" over and over. It is such a perfect song! I love you guys!!!!
Love,
Aunt Jen

Anonymous said...

So I'm sitting here at work reading this and it made the tears start rolling! Absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Ever since Ava's funeral i've listenend to "The Dance" over and over. It is such a perfect song! I love you guys!!!!
Love,
Aunt Jen

Tyler Patrick Breuer said...

Ok, I can't stop the tears that are falling right now. Very nice and touching idea for a post. Thinking about you always and keeping Ava in my daily prayers.

Love,
Kathleen

Heather said...

Thank you for sharing these precious pictures and these beautiful words and songs. Thank you for sharing your heart completely. The love, the joy , the pain. Mostly thank you for sharing Ava. I am a better person,a better mom because of her and the selfless way you let us all glimpse into your little piece of heaven.
I continue to follow your journey and continue to pray that God grants you strength as you walk this long road of healing and may His powerful love carry you in the times you are far too weary.

Anonymous said...

hey AMY how u guys doing? heard u got a tattoo u should put a pic of it up.......luv u guys give everyone kisses and huges Jasmine

Megan said...

That was beautiful and thank you for sharing. As always you are in our daily thoughts and prayers.
Love
Megan

plaidspolitics said...

Ava is beautiful. It is so difficult to have to wait again to be with her. I have to hope our deceased little ones really are near still, but I sometimes wonder, then, why they can't be **HERE** still. I hope to understand more fully, but right now I do know that those things which bring us the greatest joy in life also come with an equal measure of sorrow. The greater our joy, the greater the sorrow in our separations. But that also means, that the greater our sorrows in our separations, the greater our JOY in our reunions. I am grateful to have that sweetness to look forward to, even if the bitterness is so intense right now. Keep holding on...

Anonymous said...

Once again, I have been humbled and brought to tears by your pain, as well as your love and trust in God. She is a beautiful princess who lived more life and was loved more in those three months then some people are in 80 years.We, here in Des Moines, continue to pray for you daily! God bless

Jacquie said...

A beautiful tribute to a beautiful girl.

The Diva said...

I really don't know what to say, but that is beautiful. Those songs were and still are very fitting for Ava. We are still praying for and thinking about you guys.

Take Care,
Ashlea, Paul and Caden

Aimee said...

Thank you for the pictures and sharing the lives of your children with those of us that do not know you. You are in so many people’s thoughts and prayers right now.

I do not know if I've heard "With Hope" but "The Dance" is one of my favorite songs and now has a deeper meaning to me. When my cousin’s 3 year old little boy passed, they play Lonestar "One More Day" at his funeral.

Love, Aimee

avadiane.blogspot.com

My Three Sons said...

That is a beautiful post. You are so strong and Kaden is blessed for you in his life. Ava was blessed as well. I know she will live forever with you. Those two songs are perfect and now everytime I hear them, I will think of Ava. Stay strong Amy!!

Kaci

Tyler Patrick Breuer said...

Hey girl... I want you to know that I am not only walking for Tyler tomorrow, but I'm walking for little miss Ava too!

Big hugs from my home to yours tonite!

Love,
Kathleen
www.breuerfamily.com

Anonymous said...

You continue to be in our thoughts and prayers. May God continue to help you heal.