Saturday, January 31, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday Angel



Ava,

I can not believe that you are one today. It is unbelievable to me how time can go by so fast, but at the same time seem so slow. There is not a day that goes by that we do not think of you and wonder what life would be like with you here with us. I can only imagine all the things you would be getting into right now. Oh, and to see you dig into your first birthday cake, I am sure it would have been a sight to see.

You have touched our hearts. Your fight was amazing, but God had other plans for you. Sometimes it is hard to understand exactly what they were, but I think that your story is helping other families whether or not they may be going through the same things that you went through. You are an inspiration to mommy and daddy. You and your bubby have taught us so many things that others never would have. I hope that you felt the love we have for you while you were here with us and continue to feel it. I also hope that you understand that we had the best intentions in every decision that we had to make for you. Although I would rather have you here with us (I know that may sound selfish)I want to thank you for not leaving the decision up to mommy and daddy. I know that may sound harsh, but I don't think I could have ever had the strength to make that type of decision. I know that you fought as hard as you could for each day you were here with us and I could not ask for anything more. The 3 1/2 months you were with us, although hard and short, are days I will never forget.

I do have a hard time remembering little things, like how you felt in my arms, how soft yours skin was, the sound of your cry. However, I will never forget the love I have for you and the beauty that surrounded you. I think about all that we are going to miss not having you around. I think about how daddy feels about not having is little girl, how he won't be able to scare away your first boyfriend, or how he won't be able to walk you down the aisle. I hear songs that speak of daughters and it makes me miss you even more. They say with time that the heart heals, although I am not sure how true that is. I do think with time that it just becomes more of a reality.

Well baby girl, Kaden and I need to finish getting ready so we can go pick up your daddy and start to celebrate your birthday. We love you more then words can express and miss you terribly. I hope you love all the balloons you will be getting today. I know Kaden is excited to send some to you. He wants to bring you flowers too!!! I know that he misses you so much.

Love you always and forever,
Mommy, Daddy, Kaden and baby Brody

15 comments:

Claudia said...

Dear Ava,
I think of you on you 1st birthday. I have never met you personally, but I imagine you sitting around with those other little angels and maybe my little Mia is around as well and you all have some cake.

I hope that this day brought everything to your family what they needed - but actually I am sure of that, because you will have taken care for everything.

Happy birthday to a little star.

Claudia

Megan said...

Such a beautiful slide show and a beautiful letter.
Thinking of you and praying for you.
Happy Birthday Sweet Angel. You are forever missed and forever in our hearts.
God Bless

My Three Sons said...

What a beautiful post. I know how hard this day must be for you and I just want you to know that I have been thinking about you a lot today and pray the God will help guide you through this day.

Ava is looking down and smiling from ear to ear.

Remember what I told you on the phone the other day, she made this day beautiful. It isn't even 1PM and it is already 63 and sunny and gorgeous. I know in my heart she had everything to do with that. She wanted you to know that her first birthday will be beautiful and wants you to enjoy it as well!!

Take care and call me tomorrow so we can meet up.

Love to all of you,

Kaci

plaidspolitics said...

Thinking of you and your sweet family on your first birthday, little Ava!

Aimee said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET ANGEL AVA!

Katie said...

I've been thinking of Ava and your family throughout the day today. God Bless.

adrianna york said...

Dear little Angel Ava I think about you all the time you and your family touch my heart in many ways I just wanted to say Happy Birthday Ava you are a sweetheart and I wish you the best you and your family.
From Kim

Amanda-The Family News! said...

Happy Birthday sweet Ava...

What a beautiful little girl!!

Liz and Shane said...

Thinking of you, we released pink balloons on your Birthday Ava. We watched them go into the sky and we said a prayer.
Your slide show of you is beautiful. Happy Birthday Ava.

Michelle said...

Many prayers for you, your family and Angel Ava on her first birthday. It was a beautiful post!

Rachel Dominguez said...

Happy Birthday Ava. I did send a Balloon off to you but was not able to take a picture of myself doing it cuz the kids were all gone, but you were on my mind all day on the 31st. I hope you are happy in heaven and we all love you and miss you dearly!

Amy- Very nice letter you wrote to your baby girl. I sent a balloon off for her and it was pink!

Love you and Prayers coming your way!

Rachel

Angie said...

What a beautiful day it was to celebrate such a perfect angel! I know she was up there smiling on all of you and sharing in her special day with you. I can't imagine how hard it was, but I hope you spent the day together remembering what a special little girl she was!

I thought of her all day-
Angie

Carey said...

Happy Birthday Ava!!!

I was out of the loop for a few days but here I am. I'm so sorry I missed the balloon release. Next time we're out, we'll get some and do our release a little late, I bet Ava will like a few more balloons later in the week! ;) Post some pictures of your release for us, okay?

I hope you're doing okay with everything. Sounds like a rough week. Did Kaden's bronch go well?

BiLlY, sAm, AnD bOyS!!! said...

Ava-
Happy Belated birthday! I was thinking of you on your day along with every one elses hearts and lives you and your family have touched! you are loved by all!

The Rice Family said...

Happy Birthday Ava. I thought of you often throughout the day. You will be loved and missed forever.