Well, the CT scan came back earlier today. Initially we were told by the doc that it looked as though Kaden's diaphragm had reherniated. My heart just sank. That was the last thing I wanted to happen, another surgery for our big guy. I really don't want him to be put in that situation, especially with how far he has come. Surgery just seems to make him take a BIG step back. Well, then the surgeon resident looked at the CT results and said that he believes that the patch is still intact but that it seems like he has a small bowel obstruction that is actually pushing up against that patch, probably causing his difficulty in breathing. He did come off the vent today and stayed off the majority of the day and is off of O2 although his sats are not as great as they can be.
So the plan is for us to hang out at the hospital, hoping that this obstruction corrects itself. If it can not or gets worse he still will have to have surgery for them to correct it. He has gone through this before and things did correct themselves after a few days. He is not getting food, so he is getting fluids through an IV (that is one of the reason for staying in the hospital). We pray that things will correct themselves, that he will not need surgery, that he stays comfortable and that we are home in time to spend Thanksgiving with our family.
We all are missing our Brody. This is the first time I have been away from him other then being at work and honestly he goes to the same daycare that I teach at. Luckily, my parents are bringing him down this weekend and the hospital just lifted a "no sibling" policy (due to the large amount of H1N1 flu patients) so Kaden can see his "buba". He really misses him and has been talking about him a lot since we have been here. We can not wait to see him and give him hugs and kisses.
Thank you for all of the prayers and please keep them going for Kaden.
Do Not Worry
8 years ago