Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The News...

I have to make this quick, but I am very excited to share it with everyone!!! Yesterday, Kaden had an appt in KC. They put a little camera down his trach and his nose while he was awake to look at his vocal chords and other things. Everything looked GREAT!!! His vocal chords are not paralyzed!!! That means there is hope that he will be able to get rid of the trach and that is exactly what we are working towards. They seemed very thrilled that Kaden is staying off of the vent for as long as he is (approx. 12 hours during the day) so now we are working on taking him off at night. I was going to start last night, but time went a lot faster then the rest of me, I felt like I had way too much to do. So, tonight we will start. We are just going to start with the hours I am awake and see how he does and then as time goes on we will work up to more hours at night. So once he can show us that he no longer needs the vent, we will then start working on getting rid of the trach!

More big news...Kaden got a paci-meir (don't know how to spell) valve. This goes on his trach when he is off the vent. He can use his voice loud and clear. So yesterday we heard Kaden's true laugh. It is a beautiful laugh and every time I hear it I can't stop laughing. Last night, I heard my two boys laughing while playing with each other...big, happy laughs!!!! One of the greatest sounds I have ever heard. I can't wait to post a video of them laughing together!!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Amy & Nathan that is the most wonderful and exciting news ever. Kaden you are such a wonderful boy and you keep impressing us with everything you do. Way to go Kaden!!! That news brings happy tears to my eyes.... I can hardly wait to come back and see you all and listen to Kaden laugh.
Love you all, and sending hugs and kisses.... Aunt Pamela

Niff and Andy said...

That is such terrific news. I'm literally crying right now with joy. I can't wait for Kaden to be trach free. He's come so far and he's such an inspiration!! Congratulations Kaden!

The Bryant Family said...

Darnet...I am in tears. To hear his voice must have been like hearing angels. I am so happy for you!!!! He is doing so great. Glad the appointment went well...he is such a big boy.
Thanks for posting, even a quick one, that was great to hear and am so glad you shared.!!! HUGS and kisses to Kaden (and Brody)

Jen said...

This is wonderful news!! I'm so happy for you guys!

Rachel Dominguez said...

I am just over the moon with this news. I commented on FB too, but had to come here and see it again, plus I'm behind on blog reading.

I cannot wait to hear his laugh!

I'm so happy for you all!

Love you guys~
Rachel

Amber said...

Woohoo! That is wonderful news! I can't wait to hear your boys laughter on the video.

Amber
mommy to Owain LCDH

Mary H. said...

Yep, I am bawling. Of course I am; I actually put on makeup today! :) I am so happy for you. I can't wait to hear his voice. I'll bet it's the most beautiful sound in the whole world. I cannot even imagine! This totally makes my day. Love you!

Liz and Shane said...

That is great news! I can't wait to for Kaden to be trach free. I am teary.

Aimee said...

OMG... I am so happy! What fabulous news!!!!!

The Rice Family said...

I cried happy tears when I read this post. How exciting!! It is just amazing to see how far he has come. Before you know it you'll be hearing him talk up a storm. I bet he has so much to say.

Love always
The Rice Family

BiLlY, sAm, AnD bOyS!!! said...

That is awesome! Congrats on the news!!! I bet he will do great with the valve on!!!